The only thing more rewarding than gaining control of your finances is helping someone else gain control of theirs. When you work at Money Mentors, you’ll be part of a team that provides money management education, coaching and credit counselling, and a lot of hope to many Albertans. As a valuable part of this not-for-profit, client focused organization, you'll get the chance to work in a dynamic, challenging environment that encourages initiative and a good work-life balance. It’s a true labour of love!
Work at Money Mentors and be part of a team that provides award winning money management education, coaching and credit counselling to Albertans!
Financial Literacy Specialist (Schools)
Based in: Calgary Office
Reports to: Director Financial Literacy
As a member of the Financial Literacy team, this position has been established to develop our Financial Literacy initiatives in schools including:
1. Researching current financial education and identifying best practices when carrying out our Financial Literacy Business Plan.
2. Write, create, develop and implement Money Mentors’ education programs with the goal of enhancing youth financial literacy across the province in accordance with our Financial Literacy Business Plan
• The point of contact for all education initiatives
• Write, Create and Develop new content for the Youth education programming, including powerpoint and activities for schools from K to 12 as outlined in our Financial Literacy Business Plan
• Reviewing, revising, updating the content of all Financial Literacy presentations currently offered by Money Mentors’
• Facilitation of Money Mentors presentations
• Monitoring and evaluating facilitators presentations on an ongoing bases, including all locations
• Ensures all education projects undertaken are managed effectively, completed on time, on budget and aligned with our Financial Literacy Business Plan
• Some travel throughout Alberta may be required, as well as evening and weekend work
• Perform other related duties as needed to achieve our goals/targets set out by Money Mentors
Skills and Qualifications:
• Independent, leader to research better methods & materials for teaching/delivering Financial Literacy
• Knowledge of learners and learning theory, experience with, curriculum development, facilitation and training
• Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and project management skills
• Attention to detail, time management/organizational and teamwork skills
• Well developed creative abilities
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Webinars).
• Knowledge in money management and education
• Post-secondary education, including education degree or other related discipline.
If you are passionate about this position and want to be part of our Financial Literacy team, please send resume, and cover letter stating salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2015. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Based in: Edmonton, Lethbridge
Reports to: Financial Literacy Coordinator (Schools)
Interested in helping others learn about good money management and want to make a positive difference for hundreds of high school students?
We want to hear from you!
Money Mentors is a not-for-profit organization that provides money management education to all Albertans. We’re looking for current post-secondary students (preferably second year) to deliver presentations (training provided) to high school classes on Budgeting and the Wise Use of Credit. Hours are flexible and we are willing to work around your academic schedule.
• Deliver a 1 to 1.5 hour presentation to students in various schools across the city
• All preparation, including supply collection from the Money Mentors’ office
• Assist in evaluating and suggesting improvements for future presentations
• Administrative duties, including follow-up and survey response collection
• Ideal candidate is a second year post-secondary student with daytime availability (8am – 4pm)
• Positive, outgoing, responsible and self-motivated individual
• Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle required
• Possess strong presentation skills and public speaking experience
• Basic understanding of finances and money management, including budgeting
• Previous experience working with youth in a leadership capacity an asset
Applications/Questions: Email email@example.com