The only thing more rewarding than gaining control of your finances is helping someone else gain control of theirs. When you work at Money Mentors, you’ll be part of a team that provides money management education, coaching and credit counselling, and a lot of hope to many Albertans. As a valuable part of this not-for-profit, client focused organization, you'll get the chance to work in a dynamic, challenging environment that encourages initiative and a good work-life balance. It’s a true labour of love!
Work at Money Mentors and be part of a team that provides award winning money management education, coaching and credit counselling to Albertans!
Stakeholder Relations Coordinator
We are now recruiting for a Maternity Leave position (up to 15 months) as a Full-time Stakeholder Relations Coordinator based in Calgary and reporting to the Director of Financial Literacy.
As a member of the Stakeholder Relations team, the role of the Stakeholder Relations Coordinator is to:
1. Develop and implement initiatives aimed at building public awareness, stakeholder relations
2. Develop and maintain partnerships throughout Calgary and area
3. Assist in stakeholder relations/partnerships in Lethbridge and Medicine Hat
Your responsibilities will include the following:
1. Optimize awareness of Money Mentors services amongst the public and our stakeholders which includes: community groups, corporate clients, financial institutions, financial planners, government, mortgage brokers, social agencies, trustees, employers, lawyers, and the general public.
a. Maintain, update and implement the stakeholder relations plan which includes: identifying or defining key target markets, the strategies to communicate, action plan and evaluation;
b. Execute the stakeholder relations plan which may include but is not limited to:
- Coordinating speaking engagements and presentations;
- Delivering presentations
- Attending stakeholder functions
- Coordinating displays and special events;
- Representing Money Mentors at displays;
- Identifying promotional materials and coordinate development;
- Participate in relevant provincial conferences as speaker or display;
- Identify and select appropriate events to sponsor;
c. Maintain stakeholder/public relations database and budget
2. Secure corporate and professional partnerships
3. Assist in Stakeholder Relations plan for Lethbridge and Medicine Hat
4. Promote Financial Fitness Classes in Calgary, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat
5. Facilitate seminars
6. Perform other related duties as needed to achieve goals and priorities set out by Money Mentors
You have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Public Relations, Marketing or Finance;
- Money management knowledge is certainly an asset;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Occasional travel throughout Alberta and some evening and weekend work;
- Own a vehicle;
- Successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check;
If you are passionate about this position, please send resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to: email@example.com by February 15, 2016.
Based in: Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Fort McMurray, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge
Reports to: Financial Literacy Coordinator (Schools)
Interested in helping others learn about good money management and want to make a positive difference for hundreds of high school students?
We want to hear from you!
Money Mentors is a not-for-profit organization that provides money management education to all Albertans. We’re looking for current post-secondary students (preferably second year) to deliver presentations (training provided) to high school classes on Budgeting and the Wise Use of Credit. Hours are flexible and we are willing to work around your academic schedule.
• Deliver a 1 to 1.5 hour presentation to students in various schools across the city
• All preparation, including supply collection from the Money Mentors’ office
• Assist in evaluating and suggesting improvements for future presentations
• Administrative duties, including follow-up and survey response collection
• Ideal candidate is a second year post-secondary student with daytime availability (8am – 4pm)
• Positive, outgoing, responsible and self-motivated individual
• Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle required
• Possess strong presentation skills and public speaking experience
• Basic understanding of finances and money management, including budgeting
• Previous experience working with youth in a leadership capacity an asset
Applications/Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org